Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Doniphan - Take 2

The old Doniphan crew.

Alright well transfers calls did come and Sister Farnsworth did indeed get transferred. So my new companion is Sister Day, and she's from *drum roll please* Utah!! Which means every single one of my companions is from back home so... We can get together after the mission (blessings).

Sister Day!

So the night before transfers we all dress up in early pioneer clothes and get to go inside the jail, well since we were very slow that night me and Sister Farnsworth decided to get dressed a little bit early...than just our luck, right before closing time a man walked in and asked for a tour. Haha well um so we gave him a tour looking mighty authentic.

Transfer eve

This week we had the awesome opportunity to watch a worldwide mission
broadcast, it was so good! It's always good to have a little rejuvenating fire, it help us have a really great start to this transfer. I'm so excited to see the miracles that our Heavenly Father allows us to be a part of this transfer.

I wish I could explain how much I love serving in the Liberty Jail, this past week every tour that we have taken has had at least one non-member on it, and it's amazing how strong the spirit is when we go through the rotunda, it's so strong that it seems you can touch it.

One of my favorite tours was actually one that we weren't really giving the tour. There's a boy who lives here in the area named Alma and he has come to the Liberty jail every Sunday for a long time, and he's an amazing missionary. He has helped many of his friends get baptized...so when he came I told him he could give the tour to his brother and three of their non-member (one about to be baptized) friends..And that I would help with anything that he didn't remember, and pretty much just let him take the lead. So throughout he had us
bare testimony and answer questions, and at the end every single one of them bore their testimony of what they had felt while they were here, and one girl told her story of how she decided to get baptized at the end of next month. I was crying, she was crying, Alma and his brother were crying. Long story short, the Holy Ghost is amazing and I can say with even more conviction that this church is true and Joseph Smith was a prophet of God.

Love you all SO much!

Sister Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment