Monday, November 16, 2015

" I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas"

.... Don't worry I'm not skipping Thanksgiving,


Picture of my face (so my mom doesn't get mad)
Agh!!
I'm so excited for the holidays :)

Alright, this week we went to the Liberty Jail with Logan and his family and Logan decided with his mom that they needed to push back his date a little bit, which at first was very hard..Because we've had many investigators be on date and then circumstances don't allow it.

But Logan will get baptized :) his mom just wants him to feel a little more prepared, and understand his commitment. The B. family (extremely RLDS family) had a big breakthrough this week. Sister Maxwell and I were having a rough time, because they weren't really progressing, so we went to go and reiterate our purpose..Then while we were there Jim brought out their version of the Doctrine and Covenants, and Sister B. eyes were opened a bit as she questioned the differences and as we read from Section 121 in ours...the spirit was so powerful! It made me SO grateful for the power of the priesthood and the fact that we have a living prophet on the earth today.

This week was while I was reading a talk titled the 4th missionary. There was a section that said “He will make of you, immeasurably more then what you will ever, ever in all eternity make of yourself "Then he goes on to say" He will create a masterpiece..... You will create an ordinary man. He will create a God” that hit me so hard, I think too often in the Church we feel like we have to "work" our way to heaven... Which works are involved but all to often we forget about the grace of God. We need to completely turn ourselves over to God. Only through the grace of Jesus Christ are we able to perform the works necessary.

Our area is doing good, we were able to find 4 new investigators this week! So we're just continuing to pray for opportunities to teach. And get to know everyone that is on the Ward roster. And then talking to everyone we see, of course!

Sister Maxwell is incredible. She is so in tune with the spirit, and gets along with everyone. She has helped me come out of my "mission shell" completely, and as we talk to everyone we've been able to see miracles. :)

This week was a big learning experience for me (haha hopefully I'll say that every week) but as I've been studying the atonement... It has taking on a much deeper meaning in my life. Our savior Jesus Christ suffered through everyone's personal unbearable pain as he suffered in the garden. He did more than just suffer for our sins * which would have been enough, but he suffered for everything else so we could change! *because "no unclean thing can dwell with God, and no unchanged thing will want to."  Then on the cross he suffered through his own, as the father left him momentarily and he was alone. We are forever indebted. Everything he asks of us…is for our benefit.

 Everything else is great... And I'm just so happy!

 Sister Williams

Our gratitude board, and our happy little Christmas tree :)

No comments:

Post a Comment